Garret likes to write really long winded emails and loves to go off on tangents. He also likes to begin all his sentences with lower case letters and instead of using commas he uses series of (…). He truly is one of those creative types that totally expresses themselves better through their images then their words most of the time (Laf, kind of like ANIMAL). But all need to be heard, no matter how jarbled and incoherent their language is. Sometimes the responses can be a work of art unto themselves. Garret agreed to answer all the questions and ramble about why he does art. He also really likes dogs, cause they love him no matter what.
Gallery: No lonely gallery walls, just the earth.
Tell us about how you make your art. What’s your process: I get the painting inside my thoughts then I paint it with paint.
Who is your Art for? Humans. Itâ€™s for people with eyes and for the blind to touch, it is for the future humans I won’t get to see.
What is your Art supposed to do? That is up to you on what it does for you.
What is your art worth? That I donâ€™t know, or I do and have no urge to explain. I know it means something to me, but then again I still step on it! I can tell you honestly it is worth no money at all.
What single work of art would you most like to destroy? None, but I would like to destroy properly the whole self appointed fake current alleged “art-world-gallery-world.”
Name one crappy “Artist”: It’s just an opinion. Now name another one: Since its a opinion here is mine, whoever paints paintings and put ridiculous none working class prices on them, all the people that try to hard to paint like theyâ€™re favorite “deceased” artist (the replicas)(the trained)the whole abstract high priced seen it all before couch wall corporate skyscraper dentist office home mansion art people.
Best museum: No museum. Worst museum: Tied for all, museums close at night how stupid is that. They’re all stereotypically quiet like libraries. They wonâ€™t let you in unless you have money, free days are sponsored by corrupt corporations. Its so boring, the lighting and the way. I feel bad for the art that hangs in the museums.
Describe the finest moment of your artistic endeavors: The feeling I felt during my first painting, I knew it would never go away, and it won’t. The feeling I can’t describe and thatâ€™s the best part.
NOW GET DOWN AND GIVE US 19
1. Favorite ANIMAL: Dog, they love you no matter what. You could be having the worst day, when you get home they will be waiting and they’ll be excited to see you even if you yelled at them earlier in the day. They are filled with forgiveness. One day I want to come home to a field and see many dogs running towards me happy to see me, hundreds similar to heaven.
2. What gets you excited? Daydreams, hope for man and womankind and life and laughter.
3. Worst Job: All. You see there is a difference between work and a “job”. Right now I’m working on answering these questions how I want. Now if there was some rich white racist second hand me down fake power trip
asshole boss in my ear next to me telling me to answer these questions that would be a job. I’m working on this because I want to and when I paint it is not a job. Dream job: Nightmare job.
4. Best kept secret about NYC: I’ve never been there, shhh.
5. What would you do if you found A LOT of cash in a cab? I’d spend it. Allot of people carry around plastic cards known as credit so if you find allot of cash keyword being: “allot,” in a cab id take it and yes I’d wonder how it got there but it seems rare for people to even carry around allot of cash much less lose allot in a cabride…sounds to me
like drug money or something.
6. Favorite website: Sorry I donâ€™t have one, no offense to ANIMAL, I just donâ€™t have a computer, so I’m not on much, especially to claim a favorite website. Most embarrassing favorite website: No I don’t have one of those either, but if this question was life or death , I’d choose life and answer it as: showshow.bravehost.com minus the embarrassment. My friend Christ Gris would made it for me/about me. He, to me is a genius but the web making goes more on the traditional corny cornful path of things, in my opinion.
7. Early bird or night owl? A little bit of both
8. Motto, mantra, words of advice, or favorite quote: Motto, mantra, and favorite quote no I don’t have any, words of advice to much to tell over a computer.
9. Name your favorite ISM: Don’t know what ism means, oops.
10. If you invented a recreational drug, what would it be called? It would be an accident, because I wouldnâ€™t invent one.
11. What’s the greatest thing the internet has given mankind? In my opinion communication from far away.
12. Who owes you something? Nobody. Actually now that I think of it, this little bitch ass kid down the street owes me 5 dollars. Just kidding. Actually Iâ€™m the bitch human who owes the dollars supposedly.
13. How would you run the zoo? I’d close it down then I’d replace the animals with humans and let the animals walk around all day and look at the humans in cages.
14. How do you kill time? Procrastination, not changing when sometimes I know I need to change.
15. Favorite watering hole: I don’t have one.
16. Are you looking for anyone you’ve lost contact with? (maybe we could help.) Myself.
17. Do you need anything really bad? Revolution for the masses. Something to drink and later something to eat.
18. Any tips for the kids? Unlearn. Donâ€™t go to “art”school. Even though I’ve never went there. Trust me, why would you want to go to art school and pay thousands to learn something that should be learned on your own. Don’t be scared of the future when were always in the present anyways.
19. Shout outs: Sure!
Previous Post Next Post