Robyn Lee Altman lives in Venice Beach, California. She’s a family girl, although she kills time by drinking with friends. She likes to water ski and would pay money to see Tom Cruiseâ€™s baby. Robyn is obsessed with the Bluth family, now works for NBC Universal, and simply likes big dogs. Robyn did tell us however she is having a bit of a problem and was hoping we might be able to swoop in like the mafia. The Lazy Daisy CafÃ© in Bever Hills won’t give her art back and now she’s got to go to court to try and reclaim it. Despite her legal woes, she answers almost all our questions and shows us some of her Lichtenstein-esque art.
Tell us about how you make your art. What’s your process: Sit in a room, play some music and paint where ever it takes you.
Who is your Art for? Anyone who can tolerate it. Or in some cases have asked for it.
What is your Art supposed to do? Appreciate sarcasm.
What is your art worth? Hmm…. good question.
What single work of art would you most like to destroy? Anything where a person paints a canvas an entire color and names it something like a ” study of black on canvas” or “evening” I mean…
Name one crappy “Artist”: Trey Ratcliff, ha only kidding. I
liked his photos. Now name another one: [no answer]
Best museum: Van Gogh Museum. Worst museum: The ones that haven’t accepted my art, which in this case is all. So all of them are the worst. Ha.
Describe the finest moment of your artistic endeavors: Actually helping put together a gallery in San Francisco.
NOW GET DOWN AND GIVE US 19
1. Favorite ANIMAL: I am so simple, I love dogs. Big dogs.
2. What gets you excited? Fall in Minnesota, water skiing at Lake Hubert, biking around Venice beach, Sailing in Marina del Rey and being with my family.
3. Worst Job: I think it was babysitting my sisters. They never listened to me.
Dream job: Professional beach bum.
4. Best kept secret about NYC: If I lived there i would know better, but best kept secret in Venice, CA are the Venice canals and driving behind the Bluth family stair-car from “Arrested Development” (funniest show ever- even though it’s canceled ) That car cracks me up every time I see it.
5. What would you do if you found A LOT of cash in a cab? Pay to see Tom Cruise’s baby, buy a house on the beach and do a road trip with the cabbie. Hopefully he/she would be fun, and maybe pick up some others on the way.
6. Favorite website: Defamer.com and YouTube – funny videos. Most embarrassing favorite website: Defamer.com
7. Early bird or night owl? Definitely a night owl. always.
8. Motto, mantra, words of advice, or favorite quote: We are what we love, and not what loves us. ( from the movie Adaptation)
9. Name your favorite ISM: A Bluthism – when you quote Arrested Development.
10. If you invented a recreational drug, what would it be called? Skywave.
11. What’s the greatest thing the internet has given mankind? Animalnewyork.com
12. Who owes you something? No one. I think I owe people. [ed. note: Lazy Daisy Cafe owes her art back]
13. How would you run the zoo? I think I’d like to see the hippos do tricks.
14. How do you kill time: Drinking wine with friends.
15. Favorite watering hole: The Whaler in Venice, CA
16. Are you looking for anyone you’ve lost contact with? (maybe we could help.) Mom are you out there?
17. Do you need anything really bad? To visit family more often.
18. Any tips for the kids? Stay in school.
19. Shout outs: [no answer]
Name: Robyn Lee Altman
Previous Post Next Post