Is your art game getting weak? Tired of mispronouncing artists’ names and looking silly? Not to worry: Greg.org has rounded up some commonly mangled artist names and their correct pronunciations from the most reliable sources available.
Are you ready to sound charmingly informed? Here are just a few some examples of how you too can say that stuff right (with nifty bonus info inserts!):
- 0100101110101101.org (you know, the partial art thieves?): zero-one-dot-org [via dealer @magdasawon]
- Marlene Dumas: Mar-LANE du-MAH [moma]
- Dakis Joannou (NuMu’s oligarch collector of random large scale art trinkets): DOCK-iss ZHO-new
- Edvard Munch: Moonk [via ArtFagCity]
(AFC also points out that Marina Abramović is an Ambramovich and not an Abramovik)
- Günther Uecker: GOON-ter OO-ker, like a clipped booker [german youtube]
Learn more here.