Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street
protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: ANIMALNewYork)
- After catering to the 99% and failing, the New York Sports Club attempts to appease the 1% instead with this newly plastered ad outside their Wall Street location (pictured).
- Aww, there was a wedding at Liberty Plaza Park, a Muslim one, and shockingly, the New York Post has yet to find an angle that berates both Islam and the protesters alike. But don’t worry, if anyone can pull it off, it’s Andrea Peyser.
- Speaking of NYC’s most hypocritical tabloid, have you seen their story about Kevin Hiltunen? He the ultra-macho former marine and ex-NYPD cop who dragged a OWS protester out of the swearing in ceremony for Representative Bob Turner (R-NY) for being disruptive it and said, “There is a time and place to exercise your First Amendment rights.” And he would know, as he’s the same Kevin Hiltunen who held a rally outside of former Congressman Anthony Weiner’s office with a megaphone.
- To mark their two month anniversary this Thursday, Occupy Wall Street protesters are going to attempt an actual shutdown of Wall Street. They even designed an official poster for the occasion. Godspeed!
- And lastly, Satan has a few words for the 99%: