Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: ANIMALNewYork)
- Major institutions want a piece of the Occupy Wall Street archives and according to Ben Alexander, an expert collecting material from the movement for Queens College’s collection, there’s a reason why: “Occupy is sexy.”
- OWS is more prepared and organized than Newt Gingrich for Iowa caucuses.
- Members of Congress, the majority of whom fall into the 1 percent category—in terms of wealth and misdeeds—”have gotten much richer even as most of the country has become much poorer in the last six years.” Not even Fox News is avoiding this fact.
- Occupy protesters are hunkering down for winter and getting more organized in the process.
- Matt Taibbi explains how banks are still fucking over taxpayers, badly.
- Watch as a Berkeley police officer aims a “military-grade high-velocity, repeat-fire Penn Arms grenade launcher designed to lob flash-bang grenades, tear gas canisters, plastic buckshot, and fat rubber and wooden pellets” at a cameraman from point-blank range.