Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: Goggla/flickr)
- Mayor Bloomberg, commander in chief of NYC, isn’t too supportive of Rep. Jerry Nadler’s calls for a federal investigation into the suppression of Occupy Wall Street by the NYPD and the City of New York, and describes the congressman’s inquiry as “ridiculous.”
- NYU will offer an Occupy Wall Street class next semester, but if the school really wants to be authentic, all students should be required to mic check their papers and wiggle their fingers instead of raising hands.
- Say what you will about the human mic, but it is by far one of the most useful tools for disrupting pig-headed politicians as exemplified in this video of protesters putting Governor Chris Christie on notice.
- After “occupying” House and Senate offices on Capitol Hill, protesters braved their way further into the belly of the beast, shutting down K Street, the dark center of D.C. where most lobbyists are based.
- Texas police moved in and “cleared out” Occupy Fort Worth and now the one protester who was there has to figure out what’s next for this burgeoning movement.
- Watch Occupy Wall Street protesters have a lot of fun running through the streets of Manhattan while deploying aptly branded tape in the video below: