Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: Todd Maisal/New York Daily News)
- There’s nothing funny about the press giving a rain poncho as a gag gift to Mayor Bloomberg, the man who instituted a virtual media blackout during the OWS raid and the same person who is now saying the city didn’t stop the media from reporting, the majority of them just had to do it from two blocks away.
- Jay-Z said he would pay more taxes, but… And when asked about OWS, Hov also said he is in “support all sorts of movements,” just not by donating proceeds to the one he’s co-opting.
- Not every small business owner appreciates the Occupy Wall Street movement.
- Vice ironically, did an ironic photo shoot at Liberty Plaza back when the encampment still had some character.
- Philly cops are not supportive of a retired Philly officer’s right to protest while wearing his uniform and Captain Ray Lewis was sent a cease and desist order by the police commissioner.
- Unlike other camps around the country, the situation at Occupy Palm Beach is getting better, not worse.
- On Monday, Occupy Wall Street protesters are planning on occupying ports all along the West Coast in support of a union that is now asking them to not to.