Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: Poster Boy/flickr)
- A peace offering in the form of an Occupy Wall Street inspired nativity scene wasn’t enough to make Trinity Wall Street change their mind about letting demonstrators set up a camp in an empty lot they own, one of their many property holdings.
- Devout OWS live broadcaster Tim Pool is deploying a new video-gathering toy that he hopes will help him soar above police blockades in the form of an “Occucopter,” which is a cool name for the Parrot AR.Drone.
- Patriotic OWS supporters do what’s best for America and heckle Republican presidential candidate and terrible person Newt Gingrich in Iowa. And it wasn’t just demonstrators speaking their mind, watch this guy call him a “fucking asshole.”
- The NYPD’s mistreatment of reporters covering Occupy Wall Street is so bad, a media training program had to be developed to school officers on things like the First Amendment.
- Talib Kweli, a rapper with integrity, released his “Distractions” music video that was shot amongst Occupy Wall Street protesters.