Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a frequent roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: Sunset Parkerpix/flickr)
- March 17 St. Patrick’s Day and the six month anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street movement, so lots of activity has been planned.
- So far, the NYPD’s overreaction to Occupy Wall Street has cost the city $17 million—That’s a whole lot of overtime getting doled out, officers must be really happy.
- On Thursday, several protesters in Manhattan were arrested for demonstrating in front of a Bank of America as part of a national day of action.
- Occupy Bloomberg: The mayor defended the human soul suckers at Goldman Sachs and said they’re a reputable outfit despite that stinging op-ed in the New York Times that an executive who resigned published about the investment bank’s shady practices.
- ANIMAL friend and beat maker Damian Burnz remixed M.I.A.’s “Bad Girls Track” both audibly/visually and renamed it “99% of Bad Girls Are Good!”