Recently, a third grade student at Porterdale Elementary School has been suspended for two days after he was seen crushing up Smarties candy and snorting the candy powder up his nose. According to NBC news affiliate 11Alive, inhaling the candy causes students to feel a “sugar rush” but mostly, it feels “as if they’re going to sneeze”, which is exactly what you’d expect from putting stuff up your nose that shouldn’t go up your nose and doesn’t have anything to do there.

The only thing sillier than students ceremonially snorting goddamn candy is the school for suspending one for doing so and dubbing it an ongoing “epidemic.” (Image: Flickr/bunchofpants)