Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street
protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: Mr Drinkwater/flickr)
- Lt. John Pike, one of the most horrible cops in America who mercilessly pepper sprayed students at UC Davis, has become a bonafide meme and the image above which incorporates Macy’s Thansgiving Day Parade, may be one of the best submissions thus far.
- Occupy Thanksgiving at Liberty Plaza. Protesters say they’ll be prepared to serve thousands of meals, all individually wrapped, so as not to offend the space’s oppressive overlords.
- A lawyer for the New York Times who wrote a letter on behalf of his paper and other news outlets asking the NYPD to meet and explain why they acted so shitty towards journalists on the night of the raid on Liberty Plaza, ironically, had no comment about said meeting.
- But good did come of it as “Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly has issued an internal message ordering officers in New York City not to interfere unreasonably with journalists’ access during news media coverage and warning that those who do will be subject to disciplinary action.”
- Mayor Bloomberg really hates OWS protesters and says at least anti-war demonstrators in the 1960s had a purpose.
- OWS has smartly canceled its plans to send a delegation to Egypt, for now, noting they have their own problems and not to mention it being very dangerous there.
- If people are going to herd themselves out on Black Friday to buy shit, Occupy Wall Street is asking them to spend their money at mom and pop shops, not huge retail chains.
- Michael Moore has 10 ideas for the Occupy movements.