Keeping up with the Occupy Wall Street
protest movement is a daunting task for news outlets big and small, so from here on in, we’ll be doing a daily roundup of the latest goings-on. (Photo: Sid Fligel/flickr)
- By way of the New Yorker, meet the two guys credited with coining the term “Occupy Wall Street” and who chose that name as the URL for the moevement, which is much better than the other two options they were considering: AcampadaWallStreet.org and TakeWallStreet.org.
- Former Mayor Ed Koch continues to suck and gives even more reasons for why a bridge should have never been named after him.
- The Washington Post wonders why more black people aren’t “occupying” Wall Street.
- Protesters handed out a lot of Thanksgiving meals at Liberty Plaza, but all the fun was temporarily derailed when the NYPD swooped in and told drummers to stop making noise.
- Responding to a FOIA request, the FBI says it has no files on Occupy Wall Street. Yeah, sure.
- After vowing to defend 90 5th Avenue, another occupation led by Georgia Sagri and her band of fake-ass anarchists has failed, for the third time, and despite all this tough talking, no force whatsoever was needed.
- City officials will give Occupy LA protesters a 72-hour deadline to clear out.